Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

no one does the 4th like provo

let's just say my first independence day in UT did not disappoint. Usually when holidays fall on Sundays they get shafted in the Mormon world but not in Provo... it just gives us three days to party instead of one... and we did. We kicked the weekend off with a trip up to Jace's uncle's cabin in Brighton. It was my first trip up to the cabin so I thought I'd earn my keep by making peanut butter melt aways and after the response that I got on them it looks like I'm invited back.Jace and I taking a stroll around the lake
Jace's Aunt Sue, Zane, Nicole, and Maddie
One of the main reasons why I married Jace ↑ Aren't they just the cutest couple?

typical.

After Brighton we scootered on over to the Stadium of Fire where we may or may not have snagged some back stage passes and got within touching distance of Carrie Underwood... I was star-struck and Jace didn't know who she was till we were almost past her but it was still pretty sweet. The concert was amazing and the fireworks were great (but not the ones that randomly shot into the crowd and singed a guy's hair off).Pre-concert excitement with Candace

Luckily I went through a Carrie phase a few summers ago... I fit right in.

Sunday was filled with churchy things, family dinner, the sandlot, and a party at Trent Tueller's. I wouldn't let Jace light off any fireworks because I was scared he would lose a hand... he lovingly obeyed. On Monday we wrapped things up with the annual Provo parade and breakfast at Guru's. All in all I've decided America is definitely more free in Provo.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! We wish we would have been there to celebrate with you guys. I missed Brighton this year! I heard your peanut butter melt aways were the bomb. I will have to try to make them sometime. Did you guys get to meet Carrie Underwood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend. Not so fun here with my cellulitis husband.

    ReplyDelete