Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bright Lights Big Citaayyyy

I feel like I had my first real city experience last night. I went to bed as early as I could because a few of the broadcasting girls decided that we would go for a run along the Hudson River early in the morning before work. Anyway... at 4 in the morning I wake up to the shrillest screams I've ever heard. I thought it was a police siren at first... but as it kept going I realized it was a fight between a man and a woman on the street. Someone was threatening to kill someone and a bunch tired people were shouting down death threats to the screamers who were keeping them up. Needless to say things get pretty hostile here on the upper west side.

the view from my room

the street where the little quarrel took place (this picture was taken after the incident)

Work was awesome. I got to meet Russ Mitchell who is the anchor of the weekend news. When he first walked into the room I was so star struck that I simply smiled at him and completely forgot to introduce myself. Thankfully 10 min later one of the producers brought him back so that I could redeem myself and let him know who I am. He was super nice and I'm really excited to see him perform this weekend.

the one and only Russ Mitchell

I also got to meet and work with more of the producers at CBS. They were extremely helpful and gave me great tips on how to succeed in this industry. One of them is even going to take me out on a shoot this weekend and I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Im so sad I missed that quarrel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your adventures in the big city. Stay safe and keep having fun. We are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds like you're having a blast (minus the death threats outside your window). like i said before, my brother and cute sister-in-law live in ny so if you ever need anything let me know, i can give you their contact info. have fun jenne! we'll have to settle catan when you guys get back :)

    ReplyDelete