Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

More happenings

Today on my way home from work someone asked me for directions... and I knew where they were going! (however 5 min later I accidentally boarded the wrong train but that's a whole different story) I don't know what made me more excited- the fact that I knew the directions, or the fact that they thought I'm from here... it must have been the power shoes I was wearing.

Oh the things people do for money...

Today Andy and I went to church which meets on the 2nd floor of the Manhattan Temple. On the subway ride there I noticed this cute girl who was dressed in this adorable modest dress. We kept making eye contact and finally she asked, "are you Mormon?" I just sort of laughed because I was so caught off guard. Then I nodded and said, "Yeah... are you?" She laughed and said "Yeah, we stick out like a sore thumb here" Turns out her name is Rachel. She graduated from BYU, got her masters at NYU where she met her husband and now they both live and work in NYC. She was darling.
Me outside of the Manhattan Temple.. not the greatest photo but we had to run to work

Work has been slightly overwhelming but great. I'm trying to learn as much as I can, and so I often find myself tagging along with producers as they go about their day to day tasks. I learned how to edit a piece. And get this- I was super thrilled to find out that CBS edits with the same program that BYU uses so I already know how to do a lot of the stuff. But the editing staff is AMAZING they can lay a story down in five minutes (it usually takes me 1-2 hours) and then they spend about 5 hours adding sweet effects.

This is a picture of the studio. Everyone calls it the fishbowl and this is the room where all of the producers work before/ during the show. If you look closely you can see through the glass where the anchor seat is- which is where Katie and Russ read... and if you look even closer you can see those tiny black screens which are their teleprompters.

2 comments:

  1. So cool. I love the story about the modest dressed girl on the bus. That is so true, I can always spot the Mormons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story about the modest dressed girl too!!! That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete