Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tiff conquers NYC

Another week down here in New York. Tiff just left (literally like five minutes ago) and I've decided to blog everything we did in order to keep me from missing her. I'm so so glad she came... because I seriously checked off almost all of the things I wanted to do here with her. Yesterday we explored from 9 AM till about 11:30 PM. And even though my feet felt like they were going to fall off... it was seriously an awesome day!
First we went to the 9/11 memorial museum which was especially patriotic given all of the recent news events. I really liked this because I've spent so much time doing research on stories about 9/11 at CBS. It was really cool to actually go to the sight, see the museum, and see the nearly finished memorial building (which should be completely done by this upcoming 9/11).


Next we hopped on the Staten Island Ferry (for free) and got to see an awesome view of the City and the Statue of Liberty.

China town was next. This was a fun experience because I felt like I was walking on the boardwalk in Atlantic City. Every shop literally sells the same things... so once you've walked one block... you've pretty much seen it all!

Later that night we went and saw Chicago. We were both super excited to see this show because we love the music... we scored awesome seats... and it was a great break from all of the previous walking. But we actually left the play really disappointed. Christie Brinkley starred as Roxy Hart and not only was she a bad singer... but she couldn't act... and they had to simplify all of the dances so she could keep up. I didn't know it was possible for Broadway talent to be lousy ... but she was downright terrible. As soon as she started singing Tiff looked at me and said, "Oh no..." It was the first Broadway show I've been to where the audience didn't give a standing ovation.

We decided to make up for our crumby Chicago experience by doing something fun this morning... so we rented bikes for an hour and explored Central Park! This has by far been one of the coolest things I've done here. Central Park is absolutely breathtaking... and HUGE! I will definitely be taking advantage of this more often.

Even though I'm glad to have my tiny bed all to myself again... I miss having Tiff here. She's an excellent traveler because she plans and then she executes. She gets everything done that she wants to see... no matter how far she has to walk. I seriously don't think I would have seen half as much in 7 weeks as I did this past week with her here. Thanks for an awesome time Tiff!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you're having so much fun and you look great! Keep up the posts-I love reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I agree with Annie! We love to hear what's going on with you! Sounds like you had a blast with your sister

    ReplyDelete