Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

I've got my own mind.... I do my own style in my own time...

I hope you caught that sister sister reference in the title. I thought it was appropriate because my oldest sister Tiff has been here the past 5 days (hence the lack of updates). But let me fill you in on what happened before she got here.

Last week (after work) I went out with the broadcast kids to do some exploring. We ended up getting some banana pudding from Magnolia bakery, and then we walked past a crew of people shooting this LOVE statue. We thought they might be with a station so we quickly introduced ourselves and asked what they were up to. Turns out this statue is about to be put up on an auction and they said it will probably sell for thousands and thousands of dollars.Anna and I making "love signals"... in case you can't tell

Tiff arrived last Thursday and we've been busy ever since. On Friday we went out for canolis (a Gampe family favorite) and then saw Billy Elliot. This was by far one of the best show's I've seen. The music was great and the dancing was phenomenal. Our days have been filled with shows, eating, shopping, walking and more eating... and Tiff has been cramming in as many art exhibits as possible.Tiff's first experience with Max Brenner... she was easily converted


drinking Italian hot chocolate... so so good

Yesterday my parents came up and spent the day with Tiff while I was working. Later that night I met up with everyone for dinner. It felt so great to see my parents, and having them here with Tiff really made me feel more at home in this big city. I'm sad they had to leave so soon but I'm planning on making a trip home next weekend to catch up!

Happy Mother's Day Mom!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! You updated I was dying not knowing what was going on! I can't believe they are selling at big "LOVE" statue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reeeeeally proud of myself for catching that Sister Sister reference without help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright that wasn't Ben, that was me... I was accidentally signed into his account, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete