Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mambo Number 5

I can't believe I've been here for five weeks! I feel like I've only worked a week, but yet it feels like I've been away from Jace for over a year... needless to say I'm dealing with a whirlwind of emotions in regards to leaving. I'm sad for the broadcasting aspect to be over. I've learned so so much... seriously though... I'm going to kick my advanced reporting class in the butt! Nevertheless I've got someone pretty great waiting for me in Utah... and I don't think I could make it any longer with out him... seriously though...I'm going crazy.

I've been trying to cram as much as possible into this past week so if this post seems list-like... it's probably because it is.

I've never been to a movie by myself... but I decided to go to a Broadway Show completely alone... is that weird? No one else could go and I really wanted to see Catch me if you Can. So I went to the box office... snagged a student rush ticket... and was very pleased with the show. It's exactly like the movie.... jokes and all... so if you weren't too thrilled with the Hanks/DeCaprio version this might not be for you. I was too shy to ask someone to take my picture in front of the theatre so this is all you're gettin.

One of my best friends from high school, Jamie Weist came into town earlier last week and it was wonderful catching up with her. We ate pirogies from Veselka... walked across the Brooklyn Bridge... and stayed up super late talking... it brought me back to our many late-night sleep overs in the weist basement.

Last week was Fleet Week here in NYC so a bunch of us headed over to the U.S. Intrepid to watch Top Gun on the Deck... it was way fun...way free...and I forgot how creepy Tom Cruise is.
Elora and I before boarding the Intrepid

My dad came up to spend memorial day with me and we had a wonderful day. We hit up the MOMA...a precious fish and chips place called A Salt and Battery (it's been featured on the food network a bunch)... people watching in central park... pizza at Mariella's... and Momma Mia! I am so glad I got to spend time with my dad... he really made me feel at home in this huge city.
See Tiff- I told you I would get around to seeing it! (Tiff's one request was that I go see Starry Night while in New York)

Water Lilies is actually a whole lot bigger than my postcard version


...And today we toured the United Nations for our class...Did you know that even though it's in NYC...the U.N is International territory...AKA no man's land?

Anna and I talking the audio tour

Oh Hey Ban Ki-moon!

1 comment:

  1. This is so great Jenne! I miss you a lot! Did being at the UN make you want to fall asleep? The picture alone made me drowsy. And it made me want to argue with some skeezes. =)

    ReplyDelete